Dépèche transmise le 11 avril 2012 par Business Wire
CLEARWATER, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Avantair, Inc. (OTCBB: AAIR), the industry leader of fractional aircraft ownership in the light jet cabin category and the only publicly traded stand-alone private aircraft operator, today announced that its entire fleet of Piaggio Avantis will soon feature high speed Internet. The company is currently enabling its fleet for Wi-Fi and expects the installations to be completed over the next several months.
“Business travelers are always looking for opportunities to make the most productive use of their in-flight time. Simply being airborne can no longer be an obstacle to online access and we are pleased to rollout this feature for our customers.”
“From email to movies and music, so much of people’s lives today require Internet connectivity,” said Avantair Chief Executive Officer Steven Santo. “Business travelers are always looking for opportunities to make the most productive use of their in-flight time. Simply being airborne can no longer be an obstacle to online access and we are pleased to rollout this feature for our customers.”
Avantair has selected the ATG 5000 communications system made by Aircell, the world’s leading provider of inflight connectivity. The ATG 5000 covers the full continental U.S. above 10,000 feet AGL and portions of Alaska. The system provides fast mobile broadband connection speeds via a seamless nationwide network of ground stations. Its superior connection makes it easy for users to download files with attachments, access VPNs, surf the Internet and talk on the phone at the same time.
“The Avantair family is very excited to provide this new technology that will make our customers’ digital lives seamless from the tarmac to 41,000 feet,” added Santo.
Adding Wi-Fi for passengers follows another recent advancement for Avantair. The company recently received FAA approval for usage of electronic flight bags (EFBs) for flight crews. Avantair is equipping its flight crews with Apple iPad 2s as their EFBs, which will allow the pilots to eliminate cumbersome charts and manuals and simply replace them with the technologically enhanced tablets that allow for real time updates. This is yet another first for the company and another way to make Avantair even more “green” by going paperless.
Avantair, the sole North American provider of fractional shares, leases and flight time cards in the Piaggio Avanti aircraft, and the only publicly traded stand-alone private aircraft operator, is headquartered in Clearwater, FL, with more than 500 employees. The Company offers private travel solutions for individuals and businesses traveling within its service area, which includes the continental U.S., parts of Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, at a fraction of the cost of whole aircraft ownership. The Company currently manages a fleet of 57 aircraft. For more information about Avantair, please visit: www.avantair.com.
- 23/04Livre pour enfants : L'imagerie des avions
- 22/04 Le F-35 Lightning II sera à Farnborough !
- 22/04 Airbus : la Turquie reçoit son premier A400M
- 18/04Transaero Airlines dévoile la configuration de ses Airbus A380
- 17/04 Boeing livre son 8000ème 737
- 15/04Le solar Impulse 2 est prêt pour un tour du monde
- 15/04Aigle Azur repousse encore son Paris-Pékin mais recevra deux Airbus A330
- 11/04 Qingdao Airlines reçoit son premier appareil
- 08/04L'Airbus A380 Skymark Airlines s'envole (photos)
- 07/04Airbus dévoile la cabine de l'A350 (photos)
- 06/04Boeing dévoile le premier B787-9 d'Air New Zealand
- 04/04Kenya Airways reçoit son premier Boeing 787 et l'envoie à Paris en juin
- 03/04 Boeing lance le 737 BBJ MAX
- 01/04Boeing : Air Canada finalise une importante commande
- 29/03 Bombardier : Adria Airways commande deux CRJ-900 NextGen
- 28/03Paris-CDG : L'Airbus A380 en force
- 28/03 All Nippon Airways s'offre 70 Boeing et Airbus
- 27/03Airbus : l'A380 d'Asiana Airlines sort de peinture (photos)
- 26/03 Turkmenistan Airlines reçoit un Boieng 777-200LR
- 24/03 Air Canada Rouge arrive en France
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012