Dépèche transmise le 1 avril 2009 par PRNewswire
HALLBERGMOOS, The Netherlands, April 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Yesterday we saw the success of a unique AMRAAM firing trial at Moron Air base in Southern Spain. The trial was the result of close cooperation between the Spanish and British Flight Test Centres of EADS CASA and BAE Systems, under guidance of Eurofighter GmbH, using Eurofighter Typhoons IPA4 and IPA5 - Spanish and British aircraft respectively.
The objective of the testing was to fire the AMRAAM missile from a Eurofighter Typhoon whilst its radar was in passive mode and thus "invisible" for Electronic Support Measures (ESM) Systems. The necessary target data for the missile was acquired by the radar of a second Eurofighter Typhoon and transmitted using the Multi Functional Information Distribution System (MIDS). Both aircraft were separated by quite a distance in range.
This scenario is especially relevant for Eurofighter Typhoon's Beyond Visual Range (BVR) air combat capability against high level threats, including Low Observable aircraft.
Spain's IPA4 led the trial as the "firer", while IPA5 as the "cooperator" illuminated the target with its radar active. This trial is the first known testing of its kind and is the first missile firing that Spain has participated in as part of the Eurofighter Typhoon programme, building on their previous flight test work which includes Meteor environmental testing and air-to-ground weapon trials.
The complex test was meticulously planned over several months and involved a large team of experts from across all partner nations as well as the US, who provided support for the exercise. The trial took place at a closed range in Southern Spain using a Mirach drone.
IPA5, the supporting British aircraft flew over from Warton in Lancashire on Thursday 12th March to assist in the trials and recorded a flight of two hours and four minutes non-stop, covering over 1000 miles to reach Moron air base on only two external fuel tanks and without Air Refuelling. IPA4 will now begin an 11 month Lay-up in order to bring the aircraft up to Tranche 2 functionality.
Eurofighter Typhoon is the world's most advanced new generation multi-role/swing-role combat aircraft available on the market and has been ordered by six nations (Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Austria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). With 707 aircraft under contract, it is Europe's largest military collaborative programme and delivers leading-edge technology, strengthening Europe's aerospace industry in the global competition. More than 100,000 jobs in 400 companies are secured by the programme. Eurofighter Jagdflugzeug GmbH manages the programme on behalf of the Eurofighter Partner Companies Alenia Finmeccanica, BAE Systems, EADS CASA and EADS Deutschland, Europe's foremost aerospace companies with a total turnover of approx. EUR88 billion (2008).
High Resolution images of the Eurofighter Typhoon can be downloaded from our web site. Hard Copy images are available on request.
For More Information contact Wolfdietrich Hoeveler Vice President Communication Eurofighter GmbH +49-811-801-555 (Office) +49-172-832-9751(Mobile) firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: For More Information contact: Wolfdietrich Hoeveler, VicePresident Communication, Eurofighter GmbH, +49-811-801-555 (Office),+49-172-832-9751(Mobile),
- 21:51 Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : A la découverte du Douglas DC-3
- 00:02 Le Boeing 737 au meeting de Cerny La Ferté Alais
- 19/05Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : un beau plateau ... sous la pluie
- 16/05 Boeing annonce le lancement du Boeing 737 Max 7
- 16/05 Airbus : 25 avions pour Kuwait Airways
- 14/05Airbus : L'A350 en couleurs
- 11/05 Mise à jour - Airbus : L'A350 sort de peinture
- 07/05 Premier A320 sharklets pour Air Astana
- 03/05Solar Impulse : mission "ACROSS AMERICA"
- 30/04Crash d'un Boeing 747 National Airlines (vidéo)
- 30/04 United commande 30 Embraer 175
- 29/04 Aigle Azur : la nouvelle livrée
- 29/04 Nepal Airlines commande des A320 Sharklets
- 28/04 Le Boeing 787 reprend du service
- 28/04 Lan et Tam reçoivent leurs premiers Airbus A320 sharklets
- 22/04 Airbus : L'assemblage du premier A380 Qatar Airways va débuter.
- 22/04Airbus : British Airways s'engage pour des A350-1000
- 16/04Le Skylander ne verra pas le jour
- 16/04Dassault célèbrera bientôt ses 50 ans dans l’aviation d’affaires
- 11/04Bell Helicopter dévoile le tilt-rotor V-280 Valor
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012