Dépèche transmise le 29 mars 2012 par Business Wire
SCHAUMBURG, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sparton Corporation (NYSE: SPA) today announced the award of subcontracts valued at $24.9 Million, for the manufacture of three types of sonobuoys for the United States Navy as part of the Company’s ERAPSCO joint venture. Production will be performed at Sparton’s DeLeon Springs, Fla., facility and is expected to be completed by January 2014.
“Sparton is firmly committed to the development of innovative technology and to supplying the U.S. Navy with quality products that help secure our borders. We are proud to continue in our role as a technology partner for the U.S. Navy”
The Company was awarded an $18.1 million contract for the AN/SSQ-53F sonobuoy, a passive acoustic sensor used for detection, classification, and localization of adversary submarines during peacetime and combat operations. A contract in the amount of $4.7 million was awarded for the AN/SSQ-62E DICASS sonobuoy, an active acoustic sensor used in the final localization and attack phase of submarine prosecutions and the Company received a $2.1 million contract for the AN/SSQ-36B sonobuoy that measures the temperature profile of a water column providing sonar propagation and acoustic range prediction.
ERAPSCO is a joint venture between Sparton and USSI, a subsidiary of Ultra Electronics Holdings PLC. Under the ERAPSCO subcontract, Sparton will produce 30,555 sonobuoys. The types of sonobuoys to be produced are AN/SSQ-53F, AN/SSQ-62E, and AN/SSQ-36B which are used to support the United States Naval Antisubmarine Forces. The primary purpose of a sonobuoy is to detect acoustic emissions or reflections from potentially hostile submarines and transmit these signals to US Navy airborne antisubmarine warfare forces.
“Sparton is firmly committed to the development of innovative technology and to supplying the U.S. Navy with quality products that help secure our borders. We are proud to continue in our role as a technology partner for the U.S. Navy,” said Cary Wood, president and CEO, Sparton Corporation.
Currently headquartered in Schaumburg, Sparton is the only U.S.-owned designer and manufacturer of sonobuoys for the U.S. Navy.
About Sparton Corporation
Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA), now in its 112th year, is a provider of complex and sophisticated electromechanical devices with capabilities that include concept development, industrial design, design and manufacturing engineering, production, distribution, and field service to technology-driven companies in the medical device, defense & security systems, and electronic manufacturing services markets. Headquartered in Schaumburg, Ill., Sparton currently has four manufacturing locations worldwide. The Company's Web site may be accessed at http://www.sparton.com.
Safe Harbor and Fair Disclosure Statement
Certain statements described in this press release are forward-looking statements within the scope of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Exchange Act”). Forward-looking statements may be identified by the words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “project,” “plan,” “estimate,” “will” or “intend” and similar words or expressions. These forward-looking statements reflect Sparton’s current views with respect to future events and are based on currently available financial, economic and competitive data and its current business plans. Actual results could vary materially depending on risks and uncertainties that may affect Sparton’s operations, markets, prices and other factors. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, Sparton’s financial performance and the implementations and results of its ongoing strategic initiatives. For a more detailed discussion of these and other risk factors, see Part I, Item 1A, Risk Factors and Part II, Item 7, Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations, in Sparton’s Form 10-K for the year ended June 30, 2009, and its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Sparton undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by law.
NAVAIR Public Release #2012-410
Distribution Statement A – “Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited”
- 14:40EBACE 2013 : Pilatus dévoile son premier jet privé, le PC-24
- 10:53 Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : "Enfer Normand" en mission
- 20/05 Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : A la découverte du Douglas DC-3
- 20/05 Le Boeing 737 au meeting de Cerny La Ferté Alais
- 19/05Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : un beau plateau ... sous la pluie
- 16/05 Boeing annonce le lancement du Boeing 737 Max 7
- 16/05 Airbus : 25 avions pour Kuwait Airways
- 14/05Airbus : L'A350 en couleurs
- 11/05 Mise à jour - Airbus : L'A350 sort de peinture
- 07/05 Premier A320 sharklets pour Air Astana
- 03/05Solar Impulse : mission "ACROSS AMERICA"
- 30/04Crash d'un Boeing 747 National Airlines (vidéo)
- 30/04 United commande 30 Embraer 175
- 29/04 Aigle Azur : la nouvelle livrée
- 29/04 Nepal Airlines commande des A320 Sharklets
- 28/04 Le Boeing 787 reprend du service
- 28/04 Lan et Tam reçoivent leurs premiers Airbus A320 sharklets
- 22/04 Airbus : L'assemblage du premier A380 Qatar Airways va débuter.
- 22/04Airbus : British Airways s'engage pour des A350-1000
- 16/04Le Skylander ne verra pas le jour
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012