Dépèche transmise le 5 avril 2012 par Business Wire
AIAA, IAF To Host Global Space Exploration Conference in Washington, D.C.
RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), in coordination with the International Astronautical Federation (IAF), is pleased to announce the initial program for the Global Space Exploration Conference (GLEX) to take place May 22–24, 2012 at the L’Enfant Plaza Hotel, 480 L’Enfant Plaza Southwest, Washington, D.C.
“Heads of Space Agencies Global Space Exploration Dialog.”
The opening day of the event will feature a “Heads of Space Agencies Global Space Exploration Dialog.” Moderated by AIAA Executive Director Bob Dickman, it will bring together Charles Bolden, administrator, NASA; Jean-Jacques Dordain, director general, European Space Agency; Steve MacLean, president, Canadian Space Agency; Vladimir Alexandrovich Popovkin, head, Russian Federal Space Agency; and Chen Qiufa, administrator, China National Space Administration, for a candid discussion on the future of space exploration initiatives in the global community. Dr. Keiji Tachikawa, president, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and Dr. K. Radhakrishnan, chairman, Indian Space Research Organization, have also been invited.
GLEX will present a series of panel discussions and forty technical sessions featuring more than 300 papers, continuing the international dialog that is critical to advancing future space exploration initiatives. Among the subjects to be discussed are: The human space exploration value proposition; utilizing the International Space Station (ISS) as a platform for future exploration; capabilities for deep space exploration; political issues surrounding international cooperation; engaging the general public in space exploration; and the Global Exploration Roadmap.
In addition to the agency heads, other notable speakers will include: William Gerstenmaier, associate administrator, Human Exploration and Operations Directorate, NASA; John Karas, vice president and general manager, Human Space Flight, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company; Alexey Krasnov, head of manned spaceflight programs, Russian Federal Space Agency; Clay Mowry, president, Arianespace Inc.; Steve Squyres, Goldwin Smith professor of astronomy, Cornell University. John Elbon, vice president and general manager, Space Exploration, The Boeing Company; Jie Yuan, vice president, China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation; and François Auque, chief executive officer, EADS Astrium, have also been invited to participate.
Bob Dickman, executive director, AIAA, stated: “The IAF and AIAA are committed to supporting the international relationships that will enable exploration of outer space. The GLEX program was designed to encourage the sharing of programmatic, technical, and policy information as well as collaborative solutions, challenges, lessons learned, and paths forward among all nations with the desire to explore. We are excited and honored to welcome the international space exploration community to Washington, D.C. for these important discussions and look forward to the results.”
GLEX is supported by Lockheed Martin Corporation, The Boeing Company, United Launch Alliance, Battelle Memorial Institute, and the Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems. Partner organizations for the event are the International Academy of Astronautics, International Institute of Space Law, Committee on Space Research, International Space Exploration Coordination Group, and the International Lunar Exploration Working Group. The Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute will provide additional conference support.
AIAA is the world’s largest technical society dedicated to the global aerospace profession. With more than 35,000 individual members worldwide, and 90 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
1801 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 500, Reston, VA 20191-4344
Phone: 703.264.7558 Fax: 703.264.7551 www.aiaa.org
- 13:34 Bourget 2013 : 20 ATR 72-600 pour Passaredo
- 12:50 Bourget 2013 : Des A330 et des A350 pour Sri Lankan
- 12:27 Bourget 2013 : Ryanair confirme ses 175 Boeing 737
- 11:12Bourget 2013 : Air France-KLM commande des Airbus A350
- 11:01 Bourget 2013 : CIT commande des Boeing 737 MAX
- 10:36Bourget 2013 : Le Sukhoi Su-35 fait son show (photos)
- 02:38 Bourget 2013 : Livraison du premier Superjet 100 à la mexicaine Interjet
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Vistajet commande 40 Challenger 350
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Korean Air prend d'autres 747-8i et des 777-300ER
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Piaggio présente son drone
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : A la découverte du Flaris LAR 1
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Airbus vend 6 Airbus A320 à Syphax.
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Le client mystère des 10 Cseries était donc Odyssey Airlines
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : easyJet s'oriente vers l'A320 neo pour renouveler sa flotte
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Boeing lance officiellement le 787-10
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Importante commande pour ATR
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Embraer lance l'E-Jet E2 avec déjà des clients
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les démonstrations en vol du premier jour
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Encore des 777 pour Qatar Airways
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : GECAS lance le 787-10X
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012