Dépèche transmise le 25 avril 2012 par Business Wire
ESI Doubles Revenues for Its Composites Activity in 2011
PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ESI Group, pioneer and world-leading solution provider in virtual prototyping for manufacturing industries, announces that its license and services revenue linked to Virtual Manufacturing & Performance of composites has doubled over the past 2 years and tripled over the past 3 years.
This success is the result of ESI’s continuous investment in Research & Development and the creation of a portfolio of software and services that successfully address the challenges of the manufacturing industries using composite materials. ESI’s Composites Simulation Suite, including software tools PAM-FORM and PAM-RTM, allows clients to fully plan & assess the manufacturing processes of their composite parts, while Virtual Performance Solution can predict the ‘in use’ performances of these parts.
Another contributing factor to this success is the deployment of ESI’s expertise across the globe:
- in Asia and in Russia, where the booming aeronautic sector requires innovative composite solutions;
- in Germany, where ESI provides expert knowledge in light-weight materials to the automotive sector;
- in Europe and South America, in support of the rapid advances in wind energy.
Ever since the opening of its dedicated R&D center near Bordeaux, the company has confirmed its commitment to strengthening its knowledge in composite materials by engaging in key partnerships with universities and industry players. Recently, ESI’s partnership with the University of Nottingham has resulted in the addition of a permeability database to ESI’s Composites Simulation Suite, allowing users to benefit from years of research in the field.
“We have worked with ESI on flow simulation, forming simulation and impact modelling for many years, and consider their software to be at the leading edge of composites analysis. During that time we have developed materials characterization techniques to determine necessary input data, in particular reinforcement permeability for resin flow simulation. We are very pleased to be able to provide some of our data for other users – as well as providing useful data for analysis of composites manufacturing. We hope that this will promote further collaboration amongst the composites manufacturing community,” declares Professor Andrew Long, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham.
Other key partnerships include a close collaboration with Universities of Dresden and IFB Stuttgart in Germany, the PPE (Pôle de Plasturgie de l’Est), Dassault Systèmes, and Chinese government’s aircraft consortium AVIC. To sustain its leading edge position in composites, ESI has also engaged in several French, German and European projects including MAAXIMUS, LYCOS, HIVOCOMP, INFUCOMP, LCM-SMART, RAID-OUTIL, MAI-composites or MAPPIC3D.
Recently announced funding from the French local government further encourages the company’s research activity. Last month, the Aquitaine region allocated 250 000 € to support ESI’s R&D center near Bordeaux. The center is located close to the “Aerospace Valley”, one of the world’s most important aeronautics R&D bases, where industry leaders such as Airbus, Dassault Aviation or EADS-Astrium are present.
For more ESI news, visit: www.esi-group.com/newsroom
About ESI Group
ESI is a pioneer and world-leading solution provider in virtual prototyping for manufacturing industries that takes into account the physics of materials. ESI has developed an extensive suite of coherent, industry-oriented applications to realistically simulate a product’s behavior during testing, to fine-tune manufacturing processes in accordance with desired product performance, and to evaluate the environment’s impact on performance. ESI’s solutions fit into a single collaborative and open environment for End-to-End Virtual Prototyping, thus eliminating the need for physical prototypes during product development. The company employs about 900 high-level specialists worldwide covering more than 30 countries. ESI Group is listed in compartment C of NYSE Euronext Paris. For further information, visit www.esi-group.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50252690&lang=en
- 12:50 Bourget 2013 : Des A330 et des A350 pour Sri Lankan
- 12:27 Bourget 2013 : Ryanair confirme ses 175 Boeing 737
- 11:12Bourget 2013 : Air France-KLM commande des Airbus A350
- 11:01 Bourget 2013 : CIT commande des Boeing 737 MAX
- 10:36Bourget 2013 : Le Sukhoi Su-35 fait son show (photos)
- 02:38 Bourget 2013 : Livraison du premier Superjet 100 à la mexicaine Interjet
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Vistajet commande 40 Challenger 350
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Korean Air prend d'autres 747-8i et des 777-300ER
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Piaggio présente son drone
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : A la découverte du Flaris LAR 1
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Airbus vend 6 Airbus A320 à Syphax.
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Le client mystère des 10 Cseries était donc Odyssey Airlines
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : easyJet s'oriente vers l'A320 neo pour renouveler sa flotte
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Boeing lance officiellement le 787-10
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Importante commande pour ATR
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Embraer lance l'E-Jet E2 avec déjà des clients
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les démonstrations en vol du premier jour
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Encore des 777 pour Qatar Airways
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : GECAS lance le 787-10X
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Grosse commande de 20 Airbus A380
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012