Dépèche transmise le 18 avril 2012 par Business Wire
Garmin® Announces Expanded Aviation Charting Capability for Europe
OLATHE, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced expanded electronic charting capabilities for Europe including the availability of European VFR terminal charts and European SafeTaxi® airport diagrams for select Garmin aviation products.
“European pilots have asked Garmin to find ways to provide information electronically that helps enhance situational awareness. With these new electronic charts, pilots not only benefit from a less-cluttered cockpit, but they allow for more immediate access to the information pilots need to make good decisions”
“European pilots have asked Garmin to find ways to provide information electronically that helps enhance situational awareness. With these new electronic charts, pilots not only benefit from a less-cluttered cockpit, but they allow for more immediate access to the information pilots need to make good decisions,” said Carl Wolf, Garmin’s vice president of aviation sales and marketing.
Garmin has partnered with Jeppesen® to integrate their European VFR terminal charts into the aera 795/796 aviation portables. By loading the VFR terminal charts on to the Garmin portable, pilots meet the requirement for carrying charts, but without the burden of having additional paper in the cockpit. The database covers over 2,200 airports in 29 European countries and contains colored Visual Approach, Landing and Area Charts, as well as general- and country-related text sections such as Regulations, Communications, Meteorology, Aerodrome Directory and more for the planning and execution of flights within Europe under Visual Flight Rules.
Garmin also introduced a new European SafeTaxi database, offering geo-referenced airport diagrams for nearly 500 European airports in 15 different countries. SafeTaxi automatically identifies runways, taxiways, FBOs, and hangars, as well as the aircraft's location on the field. Because SafeTaxi is geo-referenced, pilots will experience enhanced situational awareness by seeing their aircraft move along the taxiway diagram on the navigation screen. European SafeTaxi is available today as an update option for select Garmin portables, the GTN 650/750 series and the G3X glass flight display. Within weeks, the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is expected to approve European Safe Taxi for Garmin’s G500, G600, G500H, G1000, G1000H, G900X, G950, and GMX 200 platforms.
Both of these expanded charting capabilities are complemented by Garmin’s electronic AC-U-KWIK airport directory, a global airport directory available for select Garmin aviation portables and glass flight decks.
The European VFR terminal charts for the aera 795/796 are available via the purchase of a Garmin ChartView key available from flyGarmin and a subscription from Jeppesen. The ChartView key will be available at no additional charge for those purchasing an aera 795/796 at AERO Friedrichshafen from April 18 to April 21, 2012. For those unable to attend the show, the ChartView key will be available at a special price of $199 beginning today through August 31, 2012. Additionally, for new subscribers, Jeppesen is offering 15 months of service for the price of 12 through August 31, 2012. To take advantage of this special offer and learn more about coverage areas and prices, visit the Jeppesen booth at AERO Friedrichshafen starting April 18 or call Jeppesen directly at +49 6102 5070 for Europe and Asia or +44 1293 842404 for the United Kingdom, Middle East, or Africa.
European SafeTaxi is available from Garmin for $74.95 for a single update or $299 for an annual subscription. For more information or to purchase European SafeTaxi, visit flyGarmin.com.
Garmin’s aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin’s portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, surveillance, and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin Pilot is a trademark and Garmin and SafeTaxi are registered trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
- 13:34 Bourget 2013 : 20 ATR 72-600 pour Passaredo
- 12:50 Bourget 2013 : Des A330 et des A350 pour Sri Lankan
- 12:27 Bourget 2013 : Ryanair confirme ses 175 Boeing 737
- 11:12Bourget 2013 : Air France-KLM commande des Airbus A350
- 11:01 Bourget 2013 : CIT commande des Boeing 737 MAX
- 10:36Bourget 2013 : Le Sukhoi Su-35 fait son show (photos)
- 02:38 Bourget 2013 : Livraison du premier Superjet 100 à la mexicaine Interjet
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Vistajet commande 40 Challenger 350
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Korean Air prend d'autres 747-8i et des 777-300ER
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Piaggio présente son drone
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : A la découverte du Flaris LAR 1
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Airbus vend 6 Airbus A320 à Syphax.
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Le client mystère des 10 Cseries était donc Odyssey Airlines
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : easyJet s'oriente vers l'A320 neo pour renouveler sa flotte
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Boeing lance officiellement le 787-10
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Importante commande pour ATR
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Embraer lance l'E-Jet E2 avec déjà des clients
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les démonstrations en vol du premier jour
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Encore des 777 pour Qatar Airways
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : GECAS lance le 787-10X
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012