Dépèche transmise le 25 avril 2012 par Business Wire
Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc. Announces Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
EXTON, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISSC) today announced its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2012, ending March 31, 2012.
Net revenues for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 were $6.8 million, up compared to $6.7 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. The Company reported fiscal second quarter 2012 net income of $289,000, or $0.02 per fully diluted share, compared to net income of $499,000, or $0.03 per fully diluted share, in the same quarter a year ago. The company generated $628,000 of cash flow from operations in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
Geoffrey Hedrick, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc., said, “Revenues for the quarter were up slightly from a year ago largely on the strength of the progress achieved on certain customer arrangements which support ongoing engineering product development programs. Each of these programs has the potential to significantly increase our addressable market, as Shahram Askarpour outlines below. Gross margins reflected this increased proportion of lower margin EMD revenues. Our ability to adjust resources to current project demands enabled us to achieve our profitability and cash flow objectives in the quarter. Backlogs have remained relatively stable, although each of our military, commercial air transport and general aviation end markets is working through independent but concurrent industry issues.
By focusing on broadening our range of products and services, such as system integration and advanced avionics, we are creating the opportunity for larger contracts in previously untapped markets and building recognition for the Innovative Solutions & Support brand throughout both the domestic and international markets.”
At March 31, 2012, the Company had $43.2 million of cash on hand, an increase from the $42.8 million cash balance at December 31, 2011. The Company remains free of long-term debt. Cash at March 31, 2012 is net of approximately $210,000 used to repurchase Company stock in the second quarter. Backlog was approximately $25.5 million at March 31, 2012, little changed from $25.7 million at December 31, 2011. Backlog reflects the engineering value of the EMD development, but does not include the prospective production revenues associated with these programs.
At the end of the quarter, accounts receivable included $760,000 from sales to American Airlines, Inc., prior to its bankruptcy. Based upon the present status of the bankruptcy proceeding, we are not able to determine when or the extent to which the receivable will be collected.
Six Month Results
Revenues for the six months ended March 31, 2012 were $11.5 million, compared to $13.3 million for the six months ended March 31, 2011. For the six months ended March 31, 2012, the net loss was $54,000, or ($0.00) per diluted share, compared to net income of $784,000, or $0.05 per diluted share, for the first half of last fiscal year. Cash flow from operating activities for the first half of the year was $1.2 million, compared to $1.7 million for the same period in 2011.
Shahram Askarpour, President of ISSC, added, “The second quarter was a period of progress on our four large EMD programs: an aerial refueling operator control and display unit, a complete systems integration and CNS/ATM avionics upgrade, an OEM Advanced Avionics Suite, and an advanced electronic monitoring and control system. These large programs generally are higher dollar value orders, which translate into top line growth as they move into production. They also position the company to obtain other programs as a system integrator and on additional aircraft types.
As always, we are pursuing our growth strategy while managing costs to maintain a strong financial condition and to build long-term value for shareholders.”
Looking to the full year, the Company is forecasting revenues to be roughly comparable to the last fiscal year. However, given the risks in the present economic environment, revenue for the year may end up being less than last year, which could also result in negative profitability for the year. The Company’s new product and expanded platform initiatives are expected to increase the proportion of revenues and margins from EMD sales in fiscal 2012. Management will provide additional commentary during the earnings conference call.
The Company will be hosting a conference call April 26, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. EDT to discuss these results and its business outlook. Please use the following dial in number to register your name and company affiliation for the conference call: 877-397-0286. The conference ID# is 3441450. The call will also be carried live on the Investor Relations page of the Company web site at www.innovative-ss.com.
About Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc.
Headquartered in Exton, Pa., Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc. (www.innovative-ss.com) is a systems integrator that designs and manufactures flight guidance and cockpit display systems for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) and retrofit applications. The company supplies integrated Flight Management Systems (FMS) and advanced GPS receivers for precision reduced carbon footprint navigation.
Certain matters contained herein that are not descriptions of historical facts are “forward-looking” (as such term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). Because such statements include risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those discussed in filings made by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Many of the factors that will determine the Company’s future results are beyond the ability of management to control or predict. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflects management’s views only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statements, or to make any other forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Innovative Solutions and Support, Inc.
Consolidated Balance Sheet
|March 31,||September 30,|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$||43,197,526||$||42,625,854|
|Accounts receivable, net||3,582,988||3,124,114|
|Deferred income taxes||428,786||438,635|
|Prepaid expenses and other current assets||1,253,226||875,636|
|Total current assets||52,941,398||50,572,834|
|Property and equipment, net||7,336,930||7,476,362|
LIABILITIES AND SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY
|Current portion of capitalized lease obligations||$||6,712||$||13,189|
|Total current liabilities||5,867,658||3,240,724|
|Deferred income taxes||557,449||566,963|
|Commitments and contingencies||-||-|
Preferred Stock, 10,000,000 shares authorized, $.001 par value, of which 200,000 shares are authorized as Class A Convertible stock. No shares issued and outstanding at March 31, 2012 and September 30, 2011
Common stock, $.001 par value: 75,000,000 shares authorized, 18,308,259 and 18,286,884 issued at March 31, 2012 and September 30, 2011, respectively
|Additional paid-in capital||47,495,010||47,206,690|
|Treasury stock, at cost, 1,633,426 and 1,544,910 shares at March 31, 2012 and September 30, 2011, respectively|
|Total Shareholders' Equity||53,935,499||54,260,787|
|Total Liabilities and Shareholders' Equity||$||60,439,328||$||58,257,604|
|Innovative Solutions and Support, Inc.|
|Consolidated Statement of Operations|
|Three months ended||Six months ended|
|March 31||March 31,|
|Cost of Sales||3,659,505||2,873,414||6,289,365||5,809,069|
|Research and development||926,379||1,556,827||1,716,602||2,910,434|
|Selling, general and administrative||1,827,794||1,849,143||3,821,369||3,938,492|
|Total operating expenses||2,754,173||3,405,970||5,537,971||6,848,926|
|Operating (loss) income||346,543||466,686||(311,656||)||617,886|
|(Loss) income before income taxes||375,087||511,545||(219,501||)||859,882|
|Income tax (benefit) expense||86,214||12,393||(165,395||)||75,950|
|Net (loss) income||$||288,873||$||499,152||$||(54,106||)||$||783,932|
|Net (loss) income per Common Share|
|Weighted Average Shares Outstanding|
- 01:36 EBACE 2013 : Bombardier lance le Challenger 350
- 21/05 Airbus : Premier A320 sharklets assemblé en Chine
- 21/05SkyWest Airlines commande une centaine d’Embraer 175
- 21/05EBACE 2013 : Pilatus dévoile son premier jet privé, le PC-24
- 21/05 Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : "Enfer Normand" en mission
- 20/05 Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : A la découverte du Douglas DC-3
- 20/05 Le Boeing 737 au meeting de Cerny La Ferté Alais
- 19/05Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : un beau plateau ... sous la pluie
- 16/05 Boeing annonce le lancement du Boeing 737 Max 7
- 16/05 Airbus : 25 avions pour Kuwait Airways
- 14/05Airbus : L'A350 en couleurs
- 11/05 Mise à jour - Airbus : L'A350 sort de peinture
- 07/05 Premier A320 sharklets pour Air Astana
- 03/05Solar Impulse : mission "ACROSS AMERICA"
- 30/04Crash d'un Boeing 747 National Airlines (vidéo)
- 30/04 United commande 30 Embraer 175
- 29/04 Aigle Azur : la nouvelle livrée
- 29/04 Nepal Airlines commande des A320 Sharklets
- 28/04 Le Boeing 787 reprend du service
- 28/04 Lan et Tam reçoivent leurs premiers Airbus A320 sharklets
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012