Dépèche transmise le 11 avril 2012 par PRNewswire
LONDON, April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Provides Jet Industry a One-Stop Source for News, Commentary, Price Assessments
Platts, a leading global energy, petrochemicals and metals information provider, today announced it has enhanced its website http://www.platts.com to include a special section aimed at the energy information needs of the aviation industry.
"We're pleased to introduce a one-stop source of global jet fuel news and price data that we believe will further enhance transparency in and broader understanding of the aviation fuel markets," said Dave Ernsberger, Platts global editorial director of oil.
At http://www.platts.com/JetFuel Platts now provides easy, online access to nearly a dozen web pages devoted to the business of aviation energy, including:
- Platts Global Jet Index, an index reflective of a worldwide value based on Platts' daily spot market assessments for regional jet fuels - Graphics of Platts' spot regional jet fuel price assessments - Daily commentary and overview of jet fuel pricing in key refining and consuming markets worldwide - Up-to-the-minute jet fuel news
"Platts is committed to serving the information needs of the aviation energy markets and ensuring its website continues to develop as a trusted resource for the aviation industry," said Tim Worledge, Platts team leader of middle distillates for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Platts' jet fuel microsite will also be accessible through the well-known website of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) via its fuel price monitor [http://www.iata.org/fuelpricemonitor ] and economics pages [http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/economics/Pages/index.aspx ].
The Platts jet fuel price assessments employ the time-tested Market-on-Close methodology that has been used in physical oil and product markets worldwide for nearly 20 years. Platts MOC is a highly transparent price assessment process based on the principle that price is a function of time. The MOC process identifies bid, offer and transaction data by company of origin and results in a time-sensitive end-of-trading-day daily price assessment. Platts, through its products and services, has served the aviation industry with news and benchmark price references for more than thirty years.
For more information on crude oil and other refined products [http://www.platts.com/Commodity/Oil ], price assessment methodologies in oil [http://www.platts.com/MethodologyAndSpecifications.aspx?commodity=Oil ] and more, visit the Platts website [http://www.platts.com ].
About Platts: Founded in 1909, Platts [http://www.platts.com ] is a leading global provider of energy, petrochemicals and metals information and a premier source of benchmark prices for the physical and futures markets. Platts' news, pricing, analytics, commentary and conferences [http://www.platts.com/Conference ] help customers make better-informed trading and business decisions and help the markets operate with greater transparency and efficiency. Customers in more than 150 countries benefit from Platts' coverage of the carbon emissions [http://www.platts.com/Commodity/ElectricPower ], coal [http://mcgrawhill.pr-optout.com/Url.aspx?517212x17389395x2023383 ], electricity [http://mcgrawhill.pr-optout.com/Url.aspx?517212x17389396x2540576 ], oil, [http://mcgrawhill.pr-optout.com/Url.aspx?517212x17389398x3574962 ] natural gas [http://mcgrawhill.pr-optout.com/Url.aspx?517212x17389397x3057769 ], metals [http://www.platts.com/Commodity/Metals ], nuclear power [http://www.platts.com/Commodity/ElectricPower ], petrochemical [http://www.platts.com/Commodity/Petrochemicals ], and shipping [http://www.platts.com/Commodity/Shipping ] markets. A division of The McGraw-Hill Companies , Platts is headquartered in New York with approximately 900 employees in more than 15 offices worldwide. Additional information is available at http://www.platts.com [http://mcgrawhill.pr-optout.com/Url.aspx?517212x17389390x17344020 ].
About The McGraw-Hill Companies: McGraw-Hill announced on September 12, 2011, its intention to separate into two public companies: McGraw-Hill Financial, a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets, and McGraw-Hill Education, a leading education company focused on digital learning and education services worldwide. McGraw-Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Indices, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. With sales of $6.2 billion in 2011, the Corporation has approximately 23,000 employees across more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.
CONTACT: In Europe: Elizabeth Catalano, +44-207-176-6024, or In Asia:Casey Yew +65-653-06552, or Kathleen Tanzy, +1-212-904-2860,
- 20/01 Air Austral pourra desservir ponctuellement les Etats-Unis depuis l'Europe
- 20/01 Japan Air Commuter reçoit son premier ATR
- 18/01 Avianca Argentina reçoit son premier ATR 72-600
- 18/01 Finnair ouvre une liaison directe entre Paris et la Laponie
- 17/01 Flynas commande 80 Airbus A320
- 16/01Crash d'un Boeing 747 cargo
- 15/01 Le Boeing 787-9 d'Oman Air ira à Paris
- 15/01 Qatar Airways : nouveau salon à Paris (photos) et liaison à Nice
- 11/01 Le B787-9 d'American Airlines à Paris
- 11/01 Iran Air reçoit son premier A321
- 11/01Airbus : résultats 2016
- 07/01 American Airlines : la ligne Paris-Philadelphie a 25 ans
- 06/01Boeing : résultats 2016
- 01/01Retour en images sur l'année 2016 (deuxième partie)
- 30/12Retour en images sur l'année 2016 (première partie)
- 22/12Airbus : un joli cadeau avant noël
- 22/12 Lufthansa reçoit son premier A350
- 16/12 ANA reçoit son premier Airbus A320neo
- 16/12 L'Airbus A321neo équipé de moteurs P&W obtient sa Certification de Type
- 15/12 ATR : premier ATR 72-600 pour Air Caraïbes
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012