Dépèche transmise le 26 avril 2012 par Business Wire
OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, will once again play a role in coordinating the movements of the practice and competition pools for the 2012 U.S. Swim Trials, which will be held in Omaha June 25 through July 2.
“We handle shipments of all shapes and sizes to and from more than 120 countries worldwide, but these particular shipments are special. Because there is some complexity and a very strict delivery window, the manufacturer is taking no chances and is going with the proven Werner service solution.”
Multiple containers have left Genoa, Italy via ocean liner, and Werner Enterprises will handle customs clearance as they enter the United States. Werner will then deliver the shipment to a holding warehouse in Omaha. The first containers are set to arrive in Omaha in late April, with construction of the competition pool beginning May 25.
Werner Enterprises’ technology and systems investments allow the Company to systematically track and provide ongoing status to the international shipments for the pool containers.
“Having our global headquarters in Omaha, we are proud to serve our community by showcasing our expertise in transporting the pools for the 2012 U.S. Swim Trials. We will take special care in making sure these shipments are handled properly, and we’ll be tracking them every step of the way,” said Derek Leathers, president and chief operating officer of Werner Enterprises. “We handle shipments of all shapes and sizes to and from more than 120 countries worldwide, but these particular shipments are special. Because there is some complexity and a very strict delivery window, the manufacturer is taking no chances and is going with the proven Werner service solution.”
Werner Enterprises handled the international pool shipments for the 2008 U.S. Swim Trials, which were also held in Omaha.
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska, and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated van, temperature-controlled and flatbed; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; and expedited services. Werner's Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Werner Enterprises, Inc.'s common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select MarketSM under the symbol "WERN." For further information about Werner, visit the company's website at www.werner.com.
- 23/01 ATR : résultats de l'année 2016
- 20/01 Air Austral pourra desservir ponctuellement les Etats-Unis depuis l'Europe
- 20/01 Japan Air Commuter reçoit son premier ATR
- 18/01 Avianca Argentina reçoit son premier ATR 72-600
- 18/01 Finnair ouvre une liaison directe entre Paris et la Laponie
- 17/01 Flynas commande 80 Airbus A320
- 16/01Crash d'un Boeing 747 cargo
- 15/01 Le Boeing 787-9 d'Oman Air ira à Paris
- 15/01 Qatar Airways : nouveau salon à Paris (photos) et liaison à Nice
- 11/01 Le B787-9 d'American Airlines à Paris
- 11/01 Iran Air reçoit son premier A321
- 11/01Airbus : résultats 2016
- 07/01 American Airlines : la ligne Paris-Philadelphie a 25 ans
- 06/01Boeing : résultats 2016
- 01/01Retour en images sur l'année 2016 (deuxième partie)
- 30/12Retour en images sur l'année 2016 (première partie)
- 22/12Airbus : un joli cadeau avant noël
- 22/12 Lufthansa reçoit son premier A350
- 16/12 ANA reçoit son premier Airbus A320neo
- 16/12 L'Airbus A321neo équipé de moteurs P&W obtient sa Certification de Type
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012