Dépèche transmise le 8 mai 2012 par Business Wire
BAE Systems to Provide Boom Actuator Control Unit for Boeing KC-46A Tanker
ENDICOTT, New York--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BAE Systems has been awarded a contract to develop and manufacture the Actuator Control Unit (ACU) for the Boeing KC-46A tanker. The contract is for the design, development, test, and production of the ACU for the Boom Actuation Control System of the KC-46A tanker.
“With this award, BAE Systems’ role in the KC-46A tanker contract has expanded, reflecting the teamwork, dedication and innovation we bring to our partnership with the Boeing Company”
The ACU provides the control interfaces necessary for movement of the aerial refueling boom. Boom commands processed by the ACU to control the boom actuators are initiated by an aerial refueling operator using a boom flight control stick.
“With this award, BAE Systems’ role in the KC-46A tanker contract has expanded, reflecting the teamwork, dedication and innovation we bring to our partnership with the Boeing Company,” said Jim Garceau, deputy general manager of BAE Systems Communications and Control Solutions.
Boeing also selected BAE Systems to provide its Interior Control Panel for the KC-46A in 2011. The panel leverages touch-screen technology and a user-friendly interface that allows an aircrew to efficiently control a variety of interior functions such as lighting, potable water, and waste tanks on the new aerial refueling and strategic transport aircraft.
The KC-46 tanker program will modify a Boeing 767 to produce a civil and military-certified convertible aircraft capable of tanker, troop transport, and cargo missions. The tanker will have the capability to operate day and night, in all weather conditions, under modern domestic and international regulations for civil airspace. This modification will retain the Federal Aviation Administration certified flight, navigation, and communication capabilities of the basic commercial airplane, and include provisions and/or installations for military communication, identification, and navigation equipment. First flight of the tanker is expected in 2014.
BAE Systems was the recipient of Boeing’s Supplier of the Year Award for 2012, reflecting continuous excellence in quality, on-time delivery, post-delivery support, cost and ability to anticipate and respond to changing customer requirements. Engineering and development work on the program will be conducted in Endicott, NY with manufacturing at the BAE Systems facility in Ft. Wayne, Ind.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50269446&lang=en
- 19:53 SkyWest Airlines commandes une centaine d’Embraer 175
- 14:40EBACE 2013 : Pilatus dévoile son premier jet privé, le PC-24
- 10:53 Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : "Enfer Normand" en mission
- 20/05 Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : A la découverte du Douglas DC-3
- 20/05 Le Boeing 737 au meeting de Cerny La Ferté Alais
- 19/05Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : un beau plateau ... sous la pluie
- 16/05 Boeing annonce le lancement du Boeing 737 Max 7
- 16/05 Airbus : 25 avions pour Kuwait Airways
- 14/05Airbus : L'A350 en couleurs
- 11/05 Mise à jour - Airbus : L'A350 sort de peinture
- 07/05 Premier A320 sharklets pour Air Astana
- 03/05Solar Impulse : mission "ACROSS AMERICA"
- 30/04Crash d'un Boeing 747 National Airlines (vidéo)
- 30/04 United commande 30 Embraer 175
- 29/04 Aigle Azur : la nouvelle livrée
- 29/04 Nepal Airlines commande des A320 Sharklets
- 28/04 Le Boeing 787 reprend du service
- 28/04 Lan et Tam reçoivent leurs premiers Airbus A320 sharklets
- 22/04 Airbus : L'assemblage du premier A380 Qatar Airways va débuter.
- 22/04Airbus : British Airways s'engage pour des A350-1000
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012