Dépèche transmise le 8 mai 2012 par Business Wire
Brookings To Release Major Report on Metro Manufacturing Trends on Wednesday, May 9th
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On Wednesday, May 9th, the Brookings Institution Metropolitan Policy Program will release a new report which charts manufacturing trends over the last decade in all 366 U.S. metropolitan areas.
This is the first-ever comprehensive analysis of today’s manufacturing landscape in the United States, highlighting how regions have leveraged manufacturing to grow jobs and boost global competition. The report also addresses arguments about the importance of manufacturing and how economic policy must change to provide greater support for the industry.
Locating American Manufacturing: Trends in the Geography of Production measures the industry in several ways, including:
- Number of manufacturing jobs
- Average manufacturing wages
- Manufacturing specializations
- How the largest 100 metro areas rank against one another
- Geographic shifts in manufacturing
ADVANCE EMBARGOED MATERIALS
On the morning of Thursday, May 3rd, a link to the report, press materials, and individual metro profiles will be emailed to those reporters who are interested. All these materials will be under embargo until 12:01 a.m., ET, on Wednesday, May 9th.
If you would like the embargoed copy of the report and other materials, or to schedule an interview with one of the authors, please contact Carrie Collins at 301.664.9000, ext. 18 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The report will be released during a forum on globalization in Columbus, OH, which is part of the Global Cities Initiative, a five-year effort aimed at helping leaders in U.S. metropolitan areas create more and better jobs by reorienting their economies towards greater engagement in world markets.
To join a live webcast on Wednesday, May 9th from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon CT click here. http://www.brookings.edu/events/2012/0509_ohio_trade.aspx
Click here for the agenda: http://bit.ly/wYJA4s
- 07:45Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : un beau plateau ... sous la pluie
- 16/05 Boeing annonce le lancement du Boeing 737 Max 7
- 16/05 Airbus : 25 avions pour Kuwait Airways
- 14/05Airbus : L'A350 en couleurs
- 11/05 Mise à jour - Airbus : L'A350 sort de peinture
- 07/05 Premier A320 sharklets pour Air Astana
- 03/05Solar Impulse : mission "ACROSS AMERICA"
- 30/04Crash d'un Boeing 747 National Airlines (vidéo)
- 30/04 United commande 30 Embraer 175
- 29/04 Aigle Azur : la nouvelle livrée
- 29/04 Nepal Airlines commande des A320 Sharklets
- 28/04 Le Boeing 787 reprend du service
- 28/04 Lan et Tam reçoivent leurs premiers Airbus A320 sharklets
- 22/04 Airbus : L'assemblage du premier A380 Qatar Airways va débuter.
- 22/04Airbus : British Airways s'engage pour des A350-1000
- 16/04Le Skylander ne verra pas le jour
- 16/04Dassault célèbrera bientôt ses 50 ans dans l’aviation d’affaires
- 11/04Bell Helicopter dévoile le tilt-rotor V-280 Valor
- 10/04 Bombardier confirme que Porter Airlines a commandé des Cseries
- 09/04 Turkish Airlines s’engage pour 70 Boeing 737
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012