Dépèche transmise le 1 mai 2012 par Business Wire
ITT Exelis awarded second production enhanced night vision goggle contract
ROANOKE, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The U.S. Army has qualified an ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) goggle that allows soldiers to detect and identify potential threats while maintaining a secure position in various environmental conditions during nighttime missions. This contract award is valued at approximately $49.5 million for over 3,800 units, which features the company’s latest sensor fused night vision technology that fuses thermal and light amplification into an unprecedented “own the night” capability.
“We have proved our sensor fused capability in the field, and we are ready to deliver the next round of enhanced night vision goggles to the U.S. Army”
The Army awarded Exelis the first of two production options for the Spiral Enhanced Night Vision Goggle (SENVG), designated AN/PSQ-20A. A capability that provides our soldiers the ability to detect and identify potential threats, regardless of the weather or environmental conditions, helping to ensure they complete their missions and come home safely.
“We have proved our sensor fused capability in the field, and we are ready to deliver the next round of enhanced night vision goggles to the U.S. Army,” said Nick Bobay, vice president and general manager of ITT Exelis night vision business area. “The night vision team leveraged our design and manufacturing experience to create a sensor fused goggle that provides the soldier with greater situational awareness and improves command execution and rapid decision-making on the battlefield. For soldiers in the field, this is a game-changing technology that increases mission effectiveness – day or night.”
Exelis competed and qualified the SENVG during the Army’s rigorous qualification phase of the contract. Exelis was awarded the first ENVG contract in 2005 for over 9,000 goggles and was the first company to field sensor fused night vision technology. Since 2008, Exelis has fielded the majority of this order and is scheduled to complete deliveries this summer. These ENVGs have given Army soldiers enhanced situational awareness during challenging operations. With more than four years’ experience producing enhanced night vision goggles for the military, Exelis has the supply chain, equipment and workforce to immediately bring production in line and begin delivering units to the Army.
The SENVG is production-ready, reliable and durable in challenging conditions and combines the strengths of thermal infrared imagery and image intensification. The SENVG is designed to accommodate enhancements for future network integration and lays the foundation for a digital future.
ITT Exelis Geospatial Systems, headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., is a global supplier of innovative night vision, remote sensing and navigation solutions that provide sight and situational awareness at the space, airborne, ground and soldier levels. Key applications include image intensification and thermal imaging; advanced power supplies; multi-spectral image systems; weather and climate monitoring; space science; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; GPS-based positioning, navigation and timing systems; and image exploitation software.
About ITT Exelis
ITT Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with strong positions in enduring and emerging global markets. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. The company has a 50-year legacy of innovation and technology expertise, partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 20,500 people and generated 2011 sales of $5.8 billion. www.exelisinc.com
- 02:38 Bourget 2013 : Livraison du premier Suprejet 100 à la mexicaine Interjet
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Vistajet commande 40 Challenger 350
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Korean Air prend d'autres 747-8i et des 777-300ER
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Piaggio présente son drone
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : A la découverte du Flaris LAR 1
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Airbus vend 6 Airbus A320 à Syphax.
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Le client mystère des 10 Cseries était donc Odyssey Airlines
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : easyJet s'oriente vers l'A320 neo pour renouveler sa flotte
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Boeing lance officiellement le 787-10
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Importante commande pour ATR
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Embraer lance l'E-Jet E2 avec déjà des clients
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les démonstrations en vol du premier jour
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Encore des 777 pour Qatar Airways
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : GECAS lance le 787-10X
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Grosse commande de 20 Airbus A380
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Skymark Airlines s'oriente vers des Boeing 737 MAX
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : L'après premier vol pour l'A350
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Première commande pour Airbus
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les premières démonstrations en vol dès 10h20 !
- 16/06Salon du Bourget 2013 : liste des aéronefs
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012