Dépèche transmise le 8 mai 2012 par PRNewswire
FAREHAM, England, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Flight delays caused by NATS air traffic control in the UK have been cut by 99 per cent in 10 years to an all-time low level.
Figures for February to April 2012 show the average NATS air traffic control (ATC) delay was down to 1.4 seconds per flight, the lowest figure since records began in the mid-1990s.
That compares to an average delay of 132.1 seconds 10 years ago. NATS' introduction of new technology and smarter utilisation of staff has contributed to the steady decrease in delays.
In total there was only 11,278 minutes of NATS ATC delay during February, March and April of this year across more than 497,000 flights handled. In 2002 the figure was more than 994,000 minutes of delay for nearly 452,000 flights.
NATS Operations Director Swanwick, Simon Hocquard, said: "Advancements in technology, such as the introduction of flight management tools like iFACTS, have made a significant contribution to this dramatic improvement in our delay figures.
"This also demonstrates that we are in a really good position ahead of this summer's Olympic Games which is likely to be the biggest single event for air traffic movements the country has ever seen.
"We are much more proactive in managing the flow of aircraft into UK airspace, as well as making sure the controlled airspace we have to work with is structured to provide the greatest efficiency for the benefit of our airline customers and the passengers who fly with them.
"But most importantly it has been the efforts of NATS staff who, over the past 10 years, have tirelessly worked to ensure we provide the best possible service for the benefit of the travelling public."
He added: "I know that from time to time on flights pilots will say they have been held up by an air traffic control delay, but if that is the case it is invariably an issue beyond our control, such as serious weather or industrial action in Europe.
"These figures show that the chance of being delayed by a NATS air traffic control issue is now extremely rare."
The breakdown of delay figures for the February to April period for the past 10 years can be seen at http://www.nats.co.uk/news/lowest-level-of-flight-delays-since-records-began
CONTACT: Issued by NATS Press Office - +44(0)1489-615945
- 20/01 Air Austral pourra desservir ponctuellement les Etats-Unis depuis l'Europe
- 20/01 Japan Air Commuter reçoit son premier ATR
- 18/01 Avianca Argentina reçoit son premier ATR 72-600
- 18/01 Finnair ouvre une liaison directe entre Paris et la Laponie
- 17/01 Flynas commande 80 Airbus A320
- 16/01Crash d'un Boeing 747 cargo
- 15/01 Le Boeing 787-9 d'Oman Air ira à Paris
- 15/01 Qatar Airways : nouveau salon à Paris (photos) et liaison à Nice
- 11/01 Le B787-9 d'American Airlines à Paris
- 11/01 Iran Air reçoit son premier A321
- 11/01Airbus : résultats 2016
- 07/01 American Airlines : la ligne Paris-Philadelphie a 25 ans
- 06/01Boeing : résultats 2016
- 01/01Retour en images sur l'année 2016 (deuxième partie)
- 30/12Retour en images sur l'année 2016 (première partie)
- 22/12Airbus : un joli cadeau avant noël
- 22/12 Lufthansa reçoit son premier A350
- 16/12 ANA reçoit son premier Airbus A320neo
- 16/12 L'Airbus A321neo équipé de moteurs P&W obtient sa Certification de Type
- 15/12 ATR : premier ATR 72-600 pour Air Caraïbes
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012