Sparton Medical Recognized for Teaming with BioMarker Strategies and HS Design to Automate Live Tumor-Cell Processing
Dépèche transmise le 1 mai 2012 par Business Wire
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA) announces that Sparton Medical’s collaborative design and engineering work with HS Design in Gladstone, NJ has helped BioMarker Strategies become a finalist for a 2012 Medical Design Excellence Award (MDEA).
“It is an honor to be named a finalist”
BioMarker Strategies, located in Baltimore, MD, recently announced that its SnapPath™ 1000 testing platform was named a finalist in the In vitro diagnostics category in the MDEA competition. The instrument, developed with funding support from the National Cancer Institute and manufactured by Sparton Medical, is an automated live-tumor-cell processing device that enables next-generation biomarker tests, known as Functional Signaling Profiles (FSPs), to guide targeted drug therapy selection.
“We congratulate BioMarker Strategies on being named a finalist for this prestigious award, and we’re proud to have been a partner in developing this leading-edge platform that integrates custom disposables with custom equipment,” said Cary Wood, president and CEO of Sparton Corp. “Our Sparton Medical team is also pleased to have been recognized as a partner to a Medical Design Excellence Award finalist for the third time in the last four years.”
The Medical Design Excellence Awards (www.MDEAwards.com) are the medical device industry’s premier design awards competition. It is the only awards program that exclusively recognizes contributions and advances in the design of medical products. Entries are evaluated on the basis of design and engineering features, including innovative use of materials and user-related functions that improve healthcare delivery and change traditional medical attitudes or practices. Judges also consider features that provide enhanced benefits to the patient, and the ability of the product development team to overcome design and engineering challenges so that the product meets its clinical objectives.
“It is an honor to be named a finalist,” remarked Adam Schayowitz PhD, MBA, Sr. Director of Operations and Business Development for BioMarker Strategies. “Our partnership with Sparton and HS Design was instrumental in bringing the SnapPath™ technology to life. Both companies brought depth, professionalism, and creative problem-solving to the table—enabling us to meet important milestones on time and on budget.”
The MDEA winners will be announced on May 23, 2012, at a cocktail reception being held in conjunction with the MD&M East event, May 22-24, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
It was at the MD&M Show in 2009 when long-time partners HS Design and Sparton Medical were introduced to BioMarker Strategies. Since then, the team has worked to develop and launch a first-of-kind live cancer cell diagnostic instrument.
“These relationships and this platform extend Sparton Medical’s commitment and history of developing progressive instruments that serve the IVD market,” said Michael Gaul, General Manager of Sparton Medical.
About BioMarker Strategies
BioMarker Strategies is developing the SnapPath™ live tumor cell testing system to enable next-generation biomarker tests for solid-tumor based cancers, including advanced melanoma. The SnapPath™ system incorporates an automated, live-tumor-cell processing device with first-in-class, functional, ex vivo biomarker tests to inform clinical decision making for targeted cancer therapeutics. SnapPath™ stimulates a patient’s live tumor cells outside their body to obtain a Functional Signaling Profile (FSP™) of the signal transduction network that is not possible using static, genomic biomarkers from dead, fixed tissue. The company is located at the Johns Hopkins Science + Technology Park in East Baltimore. The development of the SnapPath™ system is supported with significant funding from the National Cancer Institute. For more information about BioMarker Strategies, please refer to www.biomarkerstrategies.com.
About HS Design
HS Design Inc., located in Gladstone, NJ, is a full-service product development firm focusing on user-driven design for the medical and Life Science industry. The firm is a recognized leader in the field, producing more than 400 successful products since its inception 40 years ago. HSD partners with a wide range of companies, from Fortune 100 firms to start-up ventures, to develop a variety of market-leading surgical tools, diagnostic instruments and consumer healthcare products. Services include contextual research, market strategy, industrial design, packaging, mechanical engineering, FEA simulation, rapid prototyping, V&V and manufacturing liaison. For more information regarding HSD, please visit www.hs-design.com.
About Sparton Medical
Sparton Medical is a division of Sparton Corporation (NYSE: SPA), whose operations are comprised of contract development, design, production and fulfillment of complex and sophisticated medical class I, class II, and class III devices in its FDA registered and ISO 13485 certified facilities. We assure product reliability and safety in accordance with Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) guidelines and GMP manufacturing procedures for each product we design and manufacture. Sparton Medical specializes in systems and procedures that meet the requirements of medical OEM and emerging technology customers in the In Vitro Diagnostic Therapeutic and Surgical Devices market segments. For more information, visit www.sparton.com/medical.
Some of the information in this release contains our projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and actual events or results may differ materially. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results and trends may differ materially from what is forecast in forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors. Forward-looking statements included herein are made as of the date hereof, and we undertake no obligation to update publicly such statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances. Actual results could differ materially from anticipated results.
- 02:38 Bourget 2013 : Livraison du premier Suprejet 100 à la mexicaine Interjet
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Vistajet commande 40 Challenger 350
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Korean Air prend d'autres 747-8i et des 777-300ER
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Piaggio présente son drone
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : A la découverte du Flaris LAR 1
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Airbus vend 6 Airbus A320 à Syphax.
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Le client mystère des 10 Cseries était donc Odyssey Airlines
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : easyJet s'oriente vers l'A320 neo pour renouveler sa flotte
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Boeing lance officiellement le 787-10
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Importante commande pour ATR
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Embraer lance l'E-Jet E2 avec déjà des clients
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les démonstrations en vol du premier jour
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Encore des 777 pour Qatar Airways
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : GECAS lance le 787-10X
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Grosse commande de 20 Airbus A380
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Skymark Airlines s'oriente vers des Boeing 737 MAX
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : L'après premier vol pour l'A350
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Première commande pour Airbus
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les premières démonstrations en vol dès 10h20 !
- 16/06Salon du Bourget 2013 : liste des aéronefs
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012