Dépèche transmise le 4 mai 2012 par PRNewswire
SINGAPORE, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Global travel search site Skyscanner [http://www.skyscanner.com.ph ] has expanded its language offering in the Philippines to show users search results in Tagalog, making it one of the few sites in the country which is available in both English and the native Filipino language.
The addition of Tagalog to the site is expected to further enhance Skyscanner's standing in the Philippines, which has seen significant growth in traffic of 310% since the launch of the company's Asian headquarters in Singapore in September 2011. Tagalog now joins 29 other languages available on Skyscanner including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa Indonesian and Bahasa Malay.
Skyscanner is the first and most comprehensive flight search engine in the Philippines, showing users results from over 1,000 airlines worldwide and offering a range of free mobile apps which have now been downloaded over 7 million times. The site expects the launch of low cost airlines in Asia to be another major driver for growth in the region.
In addition to the huge increase in traffic to the site, Skyscanner Philippines has also amassed over 10,000 Facebook fans as the company capitalises on the appetite for social media in the country by engaging with fans on this platform.
Janet Ranola, Skyscanner Marketing Manager for Philippines, said: "We are delighted to be able to show our site in Tagalog, the native language of the Philippines. Skyscanner's search technology makes it easy for users to find the cheapest flights, and we expect the addition of Tagalog to be a popular addition to our site here - making it even easier for people in the Philippines to use the site."
Skyscanner is a leading travel search site providing instant online comparisons for millions of flights on over a thousand airlines, as well as car hire and hotels
Follow Skyscanner on Twitter [http://www.twitter.com/SkyscannerPH ] and Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/SkyscannerPhilippines ]
CONTACT: For further information: PR Contacts, Mary Porter,, +44(0)131-252-5353
- 02:38 Bourget 2013 : Livraison du premier Suprejet 100 à la mexicaine Interjet
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Vistajet commande 40 Challenger 350
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Korean Air prend d'autres 747-8i et des 777-300ER
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Piaggio présente son drone
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : A la découverte du Flaris LAR 1
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Airbus vend 6 Airbus A320 à Syphax.
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Le client mystère des 10 Cseries était donc Odyssey Airlines
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : easyJet s'oriente vers l'A320 neo pour renouveler sa flotte
- 18/06Bourget 2013 : Boeing lance officiellement le 787-10
- 18/06 Bourget 2013 : Importante commande pour ATR
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Embraer lance l'E-Jet E2 avec déjà des clients
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les démonstrations en vol du premier jour
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Encore des 777 pour Qatar Airways
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : GECAS lance le 787-10X
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Grosse commande de 20 Airbus A380
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Skymark Airlines s'oriente vers des Boeing 737 MAX
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : L'après premier vol pour l'A350
- 17/06 Bourget 2013 : Première commande pour Airbus
- 17/06Bourget 2013 : Les premières démonstrations en vol dès 10h20 !
- 16/06Salon du Bourget 2013 : liste des aéronefs
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012