U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
Dépèche transmise le 9 mai 2012 par Business Wire
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Transplace, a leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, kicked off its tenth annual Shipper Symposium in Phoenix on Tuesday with headline speaker Janet F. Kavinoky, executive director, transportation and infrastructure for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Transplace’s signature event brought together a broad range of industry experts, academics, analysts and Transplace customers to share key insights and strategies for addressing current supply chain and economic challenges.
“For 10 years, the Transplace Shipper Symposium has served as a forum for sharing valuable insight on achieving success in today’s constantly changing business and economic environment”
“For 10 years, the Transplace Shipper Symposium has served as a forum for sharing valuable insight on achieving success in today’s constantly changing business and economic environment,” said Transplace President George Abernathy. “The knowledge gained from this year’s diverse and dynamic group of speakers and panelists empowers our customers to continually improve processes, drive results and maintain their positions as leaders in their respective industries.”
- Shaping a Policy and Regulatory Environment that Works for Business – Janet Kavinoky described the changing political and federal budgetary environment and what it means for maintaining, modernizing and expanding infrastructure. She shared insight on her current efforts to pass a multi-year surface transportation reauthorization legislation, and gave the audience ways to take action to shape a policy and regulatory environment that works for their businesses. During her presentation, Ms. Kavinoky stated, “The Federal Highway Trust Fund is going off of a cliff if Congress doesn’t do something to fix it. There will be a 60 percent reduction in highway and infrastructure funding by next year, and businesses need to articulate the impact of Congressional action or inaction to companies and entire sectors of the economy, if they want a well-performing infrastructure necessary to support economic and population growth.”
- Three Essential Elements – Transplace President George Abernathy and Celtic International President Rich Hyland discussed the three essential elements of a successful supply chain – transportation management, intermodal and brokerage. Added Mr. Hyland, “When the economy rebounds and truck drivers begin to retire or leave for higher paying jobs that are closer to home, intermodal can come to the rescue. The growth of intermodal has caused the length of haul for drivers to become shorter and shorter. Additionally, intermodal is continuing to become an attractive option for companies as it is a cheaper alternative to over-the-road transportation. It is estimated that converting 10 percent of trucking shipments to intermodal would save hundreds of millions of gallons of gas.”
Today, TOPGUN flight instructor and award-winning author Brian Shul will share his amazing story of survival after he was shot down in the jungles of Southeast Asia during the Vietnam Conflict. Additionally, Ms. Kavinoky will join renowned financial analyst and businessman John Larkin, Transplace CEO Tom Sanderson and Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) Chairman Robert Low on a panel to discuss potential impacts of legislation around CSA/SMS, hours of service (HOS) and driver fatigue.
On Thursday, May 10, The Economist U.S. Economics Editor Greg Ip will provide the audience with an economic outlook on 2012 and beyond. Finally, Chairman of USA Basketball Board of Directors Jerry Colangelo will conclude the event by sharing his story of success from his start in Chicago to his legendary accomplishments in the sports industry.
For more information on the 2012 Transplace Shipper Symposium, please visit http://symposium2012.transplace.com/. Following the event, many sessions will be available at the website.
Transplace is a non-asset, North America-based third party logistics (3PL) provider offering manufacturers, retailers, chemical and consumer packaged goods companies the optimal blend of logistics technology and transportation management services. From complete logistics management outsourcing to SaaS transportation management system (TMS) and supply chain network planning and design to high-quality brokerage services, Transplace has proven the ability to deliver both rapid return on investment and consistent value to customers. The company is recognized among the elite global 3PLs by a customer base that includes many of the largest shippers in the world. To learn more about how Transplace, please visit www.transplace.com.
Follow the company on Twitter, Facebook and the Transplace Industry Blog:
To learn more about Transplace and the people behind “I Am Transplace,” please visit www.transplace.com.
- 18/02Le premier Boeing 787-10 sort d'usine (photos)
- 17/02 Sonaca Aircraft procède aux tests de certification du Sonaca 200
- 16/02 Aigle Azur ouvre une liaison entre Bordeaux et Alger
- 16/02 Air India reçoit son premier Airbus A320neo
- 15/02Air Transat : livrée spéciale pour ses 30 ans (photos)
- 15/02 Air Canada met l’accent sur Montréal depuis la France
- 13/02 OneWorld fête ses 18 ans
- 11/02Premier vol de l'Airbus A350 Air Caraïbes (photos)
- 10/02 Air Canada dévoile sa nouvelle livrée
- 10/02 Air Transat fête ses 30 ans
- 08/02Un A380 au musée du Bourget et un autre au musée de Toulouse.
- 06/02 Qatar Airways lance le vol le plus long au monde
- 02/02 Air Madagascar à la recherche d'un partenaire
- 01/02 Premier vol d'un ATR propulsé par du biocarburant
- 27/01Air Caraïbes : J-35 pour l'A350
- 26/01 Aigle Azur lance un Paris-Beyrouth
- 24/01 XL Airways ouvre une liaison Toulouse-La Réunion
- 24/01 EasyJet s'allie à Monacair pour la liaison Nice-Monaco-Nice
- 23/01 ATR : résultats de l'année 2016
- 20/01 Air Austral pourra desservir ponctuellement les Etats-Unis depuis l'Europe
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012