Dépèche transmise le 3 mai 2012 par Business Wire
UPS Board Declares Dividend
WILMINGTON, Del.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The UPS (NYSE:UPS) Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend and approved a $5 billion stock repurchase authorization.
“UPS’s legacy of financial strength allows us to complete the acquisition of TNT primarily using cash”
Meeting in regular session following the company’s annual shareowners’ meeting, the Board declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.57 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend, which reflects a 10 percent increase approved in February, is payable May 30, 2012, to shareholders of record on May 14, 2012.
The new share repurchase authorization has no expiration date and replaces one originally announced in 2008.
UPS also announced several financial steps designed to facilitate the acquisition of TNT Express N.V. (NYSE Euronext:TNTE) while maintaining its commitment to a strong balance sheet and returns to shareowners.
UPS expects to use approximately $5 billion of available cash and issue about $1.8 billion in new debt to finance the acquisition of TNT Express. Compared to the company’s initial guidance, this represents a $2 billion increase in cash used to fund the acquisition.
In addition, the company revised guidance for share repurchases. UPS plans to spend $1.5 billion on share repurchases in 2012 and expects the same level of activity in 2013.
“UPS’s legacy of financial strength allows us to complete the acquisition of TNT primarily using cash,” said UPS Chairman and CEO Scott Davis. “At the same time, UPS remains committed to its policy of shareowner returns through dividends and share repurchases. We believe this acquisition creates a global leader in the logistics industry, enhancing long-term growth for UPS investors.”
UPS and TNT Express announced on March 19 a definitive all-cash offer of €9.50 per ordinary share of TNT, valuing the deal at roughly $6.8 billion. The acquisition, which must be reviewed by European Union regulatory authorities, is expected to close in the third quarter.
In deciding to use a combination of cash and new debt, the company said it would determine details of maturity and a timetable for the new issuance at a later date.
UPS (NYSE:UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight; the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the Web at UPS.com and its corporate blog can be found at blog.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.
Except for historical information contained herein, the statements made in this release constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the intent, belief or current expectations of UPS and its management regarding the company's strategic directions, prospects and future results, involve certain risks and uncertainties. Certain factors may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements, including economic and other conditions in the markets in which we operate, our competitive environment, increased security requirements, strikes, work stoppages and slowdowns, changes in energy prices, governmental regulations and other risks discussed in the company's Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which discussions are incorporated herein by reference.
- 00:02 Le Boeing 737 au meeting de Cerny La Ferté Alais
- 19/05Meeting de Cerny - La Ferté Alais : un beau plateau ... sous la pluie
- 16/05 Boeing annonce le lancement du Boeing 737 Max 7
- 16/05 Airbus : 25 avions pour Kuwait Airways
- 14/05Airbus : L'A350 en couleurs
- 11/05 Mise à jour - Airbus : L'A350 sort de peinture
- 07/05 Premier A320 sharklets pour Air Astana
- 03/05Solar Impulse : mission "ACROSS AMERICA"
- 30/04Crash d'un Boeing 747 National Airlines (vidéo)
- 30/04 United commande 30 Embraer 175
- 29/04 Aigle Azur : la nouvelle livrée
- 29/04 Nepal Airlines commande des A320 Sharklets
- 28/04 Le Boeing 787 reprend du service
- 28/04 Lan et Tam reçoivent leurs premiers Airbus A320 sharklets
- 22/04 Airbus : L'assemblage du premier A380 Qatar Airways va débuter.
- 22/04Airbus : British Airways s'engage pour des A350-1000
- 16/04Le Skylander ne verra pas le jour
- 16/04Dassault célèbrera bientôt ses 50 ans dans l’aviation d’affaires
- 11/04Bell Helicopter dévoile le tilt-rotor V-280 Valor
- 10/04 Bombardier confirme que Porter Airlines a commandé des Cseries
- 09/05Cathay Pacific and Klout Announce Exclusive Partnership and Invite Online Influencers to Visit Airline’s Lounge at SFO
- 09/05American Science and Engineering, Inc. Receives U.S. Government Order for Four ZBV Military Trailers for Counterterrorism Missions
- 09/05ILFC Completes 65 Lease Transactions in First Quarter
- 09/05Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $2.5 Million SATCOM Equipment Contract to Support Mobile Backhaul & Trunking
- 09/05Carlisle Companies to Present at Houlihan Lokey’s Global Industrials Conference May 10
- 09/05Unitech Composites Expands Capabilities with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Solutions
- 09/05U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Janet Kavinoky Opens Tenth Annual Transplace Shipper Symposium
- 09/05Reval 12.0 Powers Information and Analytics Across Cash and Risk to Improve Decision-Making and Control for Companies
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Announces Second Quarter Dividend
- 09/05Kaydon Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
- 09/05Sypris Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.02 Per Share
- 09/05Ducommun Announces Upcoming Investor Events
- 09/05Hardinge Inc. Reports Increase in Net Income to $2.4 Million in First Quarter 2012
- 08/05AeroVironment Prepares for Continued Growth, Creates Chief Operating Officer Position and Promotes Tom Herring to Role
- 08/05American Airlines Pilots and Fellow Employees to Hold “No Confidence” Rallies
- 08/05Avolon acquires two A321 aircraft for delivery to US Airways
- 08/05Apriso Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
- 08/05TBI Selected By City of Atlanta to Continue Management of International Concourse E and Expands Role to Include New Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal
- 08/05Lowest Level of Flight Delays Since Records Began
- 08/05Economic Growth to Continue Throughout 2012